The Blue Book
SCI P363 Steel building design: Design data
|How to use the Blue Book|
The “Blue Book”, SCI P363, is the essential aid for the design of steelwork. Comprehensive section property data is provided as well as tables of member resistances, which are given for grades S275 and S355. This enables rapid selection of steel members in compression, bending and tension. Tables are also provided for combined bending and compression, web resistance and shear resistance. The latest edition provides resistances in accordance with the UK version of Eurocode 3 part 1-1, part 1-5, and part 1-8 together with their relevant UK National Annexes.
It also provides:
- Section property data for: hot rolled open sections such as beams, columns, channels and angles; and hollow sections.
- Resistances for ordinary (non pre-loaded) bolts, pre-loaded bolts and welds.
Click here to download SCI P363
An interactive version of the "Blue Book" is also available that includes design information in accordance with the relevant parts of both the Eurocodes and BS 5950. This web-hosted eBlue Book covers the full range of both open sections (UB, UC, PFC etc.) and hollow sections (both hot finished Celsius® and cold formed Hybox®), and does not require any software to be installed on the host computer.
Click here to access the web-hosted eBlue Book
Tables of member resistances for S460 grade are available in ArcelorMittal's Orange Book.
- ^ BS EN 1993-1-1:2005+A1:2014, Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures. General rules and rules for buildings, BSI
- ^ BS EN 1993-1-5:2006. Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures Plated structural elements. BSI
- ^ BS EN 1993-1-8:2005. Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures. Design of joints, BSI
- ^ NA to BS EN 1993-1-1:2005+A1:2014, UK National Annex to Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures General rules and rules for buildings, BSI
- ^ NA to BS EN 1993-1-5:2006. UK National Annex to Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures Plated structural elements. BSI
- ^ NA to BS EN 1993-1-8:2005. UK National Annex to Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures. Design of joints, BSI
- Steel section sizes
- Design codes and standards
- Eurocode Design Guides
- Member design
- Member design tools: