The Steel Construction Information System
- Multi-storey office buildings
- Single storey industrial buildings
- Retail buildings
- Healthcare buildings
- Education buildings
- Leisure buildings
- Residential and mixed-use buildings
- Cost of structural steelwork
- Fire and steel construction
- Corrosion protection
- Floor vibrations
- Health and safety
CPD Events and Training
- The Structural Steel Design Awards 2013 shortlisted projects have just been announced...
- New Compression resistance, Bending resistance and Columns in simple construction design tools have been added to the Design software and tools article...
- Guidance on the Cost of structural steelwork has just been updated by Gardiner & Theobald LLP. The latest Steel Insight #7 article published in Building Magazine on Cost planning – Healthcare buildings provides guidance on current cost ranges and the key cost drivers...
- Hear from leading UK fire engineering practitioners at two Fire Seminars 2013 in June on how to gain the best value from Structural fire engineering...
- CE marking for construction products will become mandatory from 1 July 2013, and a year later (1 July 2014) for fabricated structural steelwork. Find out about the implications for you...
- The recent Steel construction - education sector supplement features a number of recent projects including St Michael’s and All Angels Church of England Academy, Southwark, London, an example of a steel-framed building providing the optimum 75 - 100mm thickness of concrete floor slab required to effectively utilise Thermal mass to reduce cooling loads...
- As the operational energy efficiency of buildings is improved, the relative importance of the embodied carbon impacts of buildings is increasing...