Welcome to the privacy notice for Steelconstruction.info.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This privacy notice is provided in a layered format so you can click through to the specific areas set out below.
- 1 Privacy Notice
- 1.1 How do we obtain your personal data?
- 1.2 How do we process your personal data?
- 1.4 What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- 1.5 How long do we keep your personal data?
- 1.6 Your rights and your personal data
- 1.7 Further processing
- 1.8 Contact Details
This privacy notice is applicable to any personal data given via www.steelconstruction.info (the "Site") by you, the user or users of the Site, to us. "We/Us" means the British Constructional Steelwork Association, the owners of the Site, and the Steel Construction Institute. We process personal data only in strict compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (the “GDPR”) and associated legislation and we will not disclose your personal data to any third party without your express consent, unless required to do so by law. We are the data controller, which means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we obtain your personal data?
When using the Site, you will only be asked to enter personal data when creating an account or logging into the Site. The personal data will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
How do we process your personal data?
We comply with our obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We will use your personal data in order to identify your membership of the British Constructional Steelwork Association and/or the Steel Construction Institute (if relevant). We will use your personal data to send you news, events and updates if you have explicitly consented to this when creating an account. We may perform statistical analyses of users’ behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in, and use of, the various areas of the Site.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or use a shopping cart.
- Analytical/performance cookies
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Consent from the data subject to send you news, events and updates
- Legitimate interest from an organisation with an aim to further the interests of members and the constructional steelwork industry provided:
- the processing only relates to members, former members or those who have regular contact or who have contacted us in connection with those purposes; and
- there is no disclosure to third parties without consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep personal data in accordance with the GDPR and not in an identifiable form for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data is processed.
Your rights and your personal data
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that the we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this privacy notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Manager of Legal and Contractual Affairs at The British Constructional Steelwork Association Limited, 4 Whitehall Court, Westminster, London SW1A 2ES
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.